This position does require availability on Sundays and the preferred candidate will be certified in neuro or wanting to become certified.
- Conducts and documents the evaluation and treatment of functional impairment in accordance with standards of the profession as delineated in the state practice act, regulatory agencies, and accrediting agencies and Guide to Practice.
- Accurately and effectively communicates with patients, other team members, and appropriate authorized parties including, but not limited to, case managers and physicians.
- Supervises and utilizes assistants and rehab techs in accordance with established licensure and professional guidelines.
- Performs all duties in a competent and safe manner.
- Presents self professionally in both a physical and behavioral manner.
- Staff may be required to rotate to treatment areas, other than their primary designation, as requested by their department leader. This could include an ACHA regulated area (SNF, HH, Peds) that requires Level 2 Background Screening.
- All rehab members of the Comprehensive Stroke Certification Team are required to meet the following standards: 1) Minimum (2) years of clinical experience with special interest in treating the stroke patient; 2)(8) CEUs per year must be directly related to the treatment of the stroke patient.
- Education: Baccalaureate Degree in Physical Therapy
- Experience: No previous job experience required
- Training: N/A
- License: Florida State Licensure or eligible to obtain
- Other: Effective analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, strong customer service skills
Lee Health is a drug/tobacco-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.