In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Social Worker is responsible for performing social work and discharge planning services to patients and families to resolve social-emotional difficulties with illness and to ensure continuity of care for patients upon discharge. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Behavior and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
Provides emotional support, crisis intervention, and discharge planning services according to department procedures.
Assesses and develops an appropriate plan for patients and/or families to assure continuity of care needs is met.
Completes comprehensive assessments, interventions, and documentation is completed in the patient’s medical record according to written guidelines.
Utilizes knowledge and skills necessary to assist with explanation and completion of Advance Directives,
Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required
Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred
Minimum of two years of appropriate experience
Licensed in the State of Ohio as a Social Worker
Communication skills and ability to interact congenially and empathetically
Additional Salary Information: Memorial Health System provides experiential rating when computing salary.
Internal Number: 12098
About Memorial Health System
Memorial Health System is an independent not-for-profit health system that takes pride in its efforts to provide outstanding care close to home as well as our efforts to offer employment and educational opportunities. Memorial Health System offers a learning environment that allows students, new graduates and staff to expand on their knowledge. With over 3,000 dedicated staff members, we work to provide compassionate, patient-centered care with some of the most advanced technology and treatment options available in healthcare today.
Memorial Health System is comprised of a network of two hospitals with a freestanding emergency department, four surgery centers, two cancer centers, and primary care and specialty clinics throughout the region. With our mission to bring a full continuum of health services, provided with excellence, to the communities within the region, we strive to reach our vision to be an unparalleled service leader and the region’s preferred provider of health services.
· Marietta Memorial Hospital is a 199-bed trauma level 3 hospital with an emergency department, two surgery centers, physician offices, and Strecker Cancer Center located in Marietta, Ohio. ...
· Selby General Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital with an emergency department and a focus on providing orthopedic care to patients with a surgery center and inpatient rehabilitation services.
· Belpre Medical Campus comprised of a freestanding emergency department and a variety of outpatient services such as pain management, oncology, endoscopy, IV therapy, and physical therapy, just to name a few.
· Wayne Street Medical Campus is a physician office complex that provides ease and convenience to patients to obtain services from primary care to specialties such as audiology, ENT, pediatrics, OB/GYN and allergy and immunology.
As our services continue to grow, so does our need for experienced registered nurses. We are looking for skilled, compassionate nurses that exude our Standards of Excellence to:
· Seek to understand needs and strive to exceed expectations
· Keep the patient at the center of everything we do
· Treat all people with courtesy and respect
· Show care and compassion in everything we do and say
· Connect with every person to build a trusting relationship
We offer our staff competitive wages and excellent benefits including low premium health, dental, and vision insurance with vacation and sick time as well as tuition reimbursement. We also offer short and long term disability at no cost to the employee.