The Patient Portal Specialist will be of support to the patient for account set up, and any access on a one-on-one basis. The Patient Portal Specialist will provide patient and staff education, and assist with the marketing geared to the patient portal to help the facility optimize the usage of the patient portal. Patient Portal Specialist will provide a safe and confidential environment for patients, families, and personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Visiting targeted patients and family members on daily basis.
2. Teaching patients on patient portal
3. Help the patients to create an account for patient portal including app downloading.
4. Connect patient's existing patient portal accounts into one portal access.
5. Trouble shooting patient portal related issues & Follow up with patients post discharge.
6. Teaching patients about e-prescription.
7. Be part of Support electronic referral loops by sending health information.
8. Be part of Support electronic referral loops by receiving and incorporating health information.
9. Query of prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP)
10. Verify opioid treatment agreement.
11. Other duties as assigned duties related to the successful implementation of the Patient Portal.